Schedule - PGConf.EU 2023
How to become a PostgreSQL DBA in a day
In this tutorial, we will go through the typical day-to-day of PostgreSQL DBA, which includes following sections:
- Basic operating system configuration,
- PostgreSQL installation and basic configuration,
- PgBouncer installation and configuration,
- Backup and recovery procedures,
- Replica setup,
- Basics of PostgreSQL observability,
- Regular DBAs tasks, such as upgrades, query optimization and troubleshooting.
Each section will include instructions, explanations of how they work in real life and important additional details that are normally learned the hard way. The purpose of this tutorial is to give a compact and useful guidance on where to start as PostgreSQL DBA without overwhelming the new starter with too much detail on each topic.
This tutorial is theoretical while attendees will receive materials for practicing at home. They will also have an opportunity to ask follow up questions via email up to three months after the session at pgconf.eu.