Conference Schedule - Nordic PGDay 2014
The Worst Day of Your Life
Time: 09:15 - 10:05
Room: Hilton Stockholm
It might be your mobile going off in the middle of the night, or an email, or someone pinging you on private IRC, but without warning, you get a message:
- "The database server shut down, and we can't start it."
- "We think the database is corrupt."
- "We keep getting crashes."
- And suddenly, it is the worst day of your life.
We'll talk about how you approach calamity:
- Diagnosing data corruption problem.
- Understanding PostgreSQL crashes.
- Recovering data when you can't just roll back to a backup.
- Problems you and fix, and problems you can't.
- Great and desperate cures.
And, please do not forget:
- Reporting critical problems back to the community.
The audience for this are PostgreSQL DBAs who are not developers themselves.