Conference Schedule - PGConf.EU 2019
Migration to PostgreSQL
Time: 09:00 - 12:30
Imagine you are requested to migrate a legacy database to PostgreSQL. Just after the excitement generated by this announcement, you'll have to organize your work in order to both not miss a single point and your target to be reached.
Then you'll start the technical work:
- Which questions would you ask whom?
- Business context, workload
- Dev: applications, stored procedures and functions
- Ops: probes, system operations, lifecycle
- How to organize your work?
- Primary study (data model, data, functional elements)
- Which tool would you use to migrate?
- Tools to migrate from Oracle
- Tools to migrate from MySQL
- Tools to migrate from SQLServer
- Most common migration scenarios
In this training, you'll learn how to build your own migration workflow and get several tips with various well-known tools including
pgloader, foreign data wrapper…
- For this training, trainees must have VirtualBox (at least 5.1) already installed and able to run virtual machines. VM images will be provided on a USB key.
- Trainees should have an intermediate knowledge of PostgreSQL and of the source database (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer).